Print & Radio Interview Skills Training
Mosaic’s Print & Radio Interview Skills Training will give you a solid understanding of the world of the media, along with the opportunity to explore a proactive role in identifying good news stories.
Learning from former journalists you’ll find out exactly what journalists are looking for and why, with scenarios that are relevant to your own area of expertise.
Interview preparation and delivery of key messages lie at the heart of this course. Practical press and radio interviews are focused around relevant industry scenarios, to make the training ‘as real as it gets’ and tailored to your requirements.
This course is available as face to face training or online via Zoom or Teams.
Delegates will learn
- The journalistic mindset and what makes a good story
- How to develop key messages for media interviews
- The dos and don’ts when delivering a media interview
- How to successfully convey key messages in an interview
- How to prepare for and deliver interviews for press and radio
- How to handle challenging questions and the ‘bridging technique’
- How to manage the media in proactive or challenging interview situations
Delegates will leave the training skilled in the following areas:
- Effective use of air-time, identifying media opportunities
- Dealing with journalists confidently
- Identifying and sticking to key messages
- How to avoid being misquoted or taken out of context
- Confident delivery of press and radio interviews
View an example of one of our tailored coursesDownload
The practical sessions were realistic and gave excellent experience of feedbackValuation Office Agency
This training can be provided as
- Full-day group training on your business premises or in hired facilities – maximum 4 delegates
- Half-day group training on your business premises or in hired facilities – maximum 2 delegates
- Half-day 1-to-1 coaching on your premises (within London/East Anglia) or at our Essex venue (Larger group workshops can be catered for please contact us to discuss options)
- Online Training for a full or half day
Who is this course suitable for?
- Senior managers & executives
- Press/marketing teams
You might also be interested in:
Meet our trainers
Gemma RawlinsonRead profile
Jenny GrinterRead profile
Karen AinleyRead profile
Ruth CollinRead profile
Kevin BentleyRead profile
Incredibly useful and helpful. I know it will improve my confidence and delivery a great deal!North London Waste Authority