Press Release Writing Training
The ability to write a first-class, creative press release is a must-have skill for anyone in a marketing, communications or PR role. This full day practical workshop is designed to help you write clear, concise and punchy press releases.
The training is delivered by former journalists and will guide you through the formula for getting it right every time.Contact us now
Learn what journalists are looking for to give your news the best possible chance of being published. Mosaic’s press release writing training also looks at the way the media machine works and will help you understand the complete process.
There will be plenty of opportunities to have your questions answered and the course is packed full of constructive tips and feedback.
Our course is tailor-made for your organisation or industry and is available as face to face training or online via Zoom or Teams.
Delegates will learn
- Press release techniques
- What makes a good news story
- What journalists want from a press release
- How to convey key messages in a press release
- How to write creative quotes
- PR photography tips and inspired photo ideas
- How to handle a media crisis
- How to prepare for a press interview
Our tailored course is a workshop with plenty of hands-on experience and exercises. You’ll learn press release techniques including how to convey key messages and develop creative quotes. You’ll understand what makes a good news story, how to use a creative photograph and how to prepare for an interview once your press release gets attention.
This course is aimed at giving you practical advice on how to promote yourself and your organisation through the media. The programme is designed to give an insight into the way the media works, what journalists are looking for and practical experience of press release writing, with constructive tips and feedback on preparation, presentation and style. Mosaic’s dynamic and inspirational trainers will ensure you leave this highly interactive and practical course equipped with the necessary skills and insight that will enable you to play a significant role in improving your organisation’s public relations activities
Sample Programme (tailored to your needs)
- What makes news and what journalists are looking for
- The art of press release writing
- Understanding and developing key messages
- EXERCISE: Write a press release, with feedback
- Talking to journalists and preparing for an interview
- Creating photograph opportunities
This training can be provided as
- Full-day group training on your business premises or in hired facilities – maximum 6 delegates (Larger group workshops can be catered for at an extra cost per delegate)
- Half-day group training on your business premises or in hired facilities – maximum 3 delegates
- Half-day 1-to-1 coaching on your premises (within London/East Anglia) or at our Essex venue
- Online Training for a full or half day
Who is this course suitable for?
- Small business owners
- Marketing practitioners
- Aspiring copywriters or bloggers
You might also be interested in:
Meet our trainers
Great team building exercise and very interesting, I like that we were encouraged to practice and try and produce something individual and then come together as a team to discuss.
Fantastic course, very informative without being complicated. Whether you are after a refresher or completely new to smartphone filming and editing. This course is for everyone.
All killer and no filler!
Ruth delivered a brilliant media interviewing skills workshop for young people. The training was informative, practical, and interactive – it has given young people the tools and confidence they needed to become brilliant interviewers.
Great facilitation, thorough and personable. Would thoroughly recommend this course.
I found this training exceptionally helpful. I have been doing social media for five years now and I still got a lot from this course. The trainer was very friendly and approachable, the course wasn't too big which meant you got to ask questions more freely which was very helpful.