Media Skills and Interview Training
Our Media Skills and Interview training is essential for anyone likely to be interviewed by the media. We’ll help delegates make sure they can deliver your key messages, protect your reputation and avoid the pitfalls.
Practical print, radio and TV interviews lie at the heart of this course and we use relevant industry scenarios to make the training ‘as real as it gets’ for delegates.Contact us now
Each course programme is tailored completely to an organisation or individual’s requirements.
Delegates will leave the training with:
- Skills to make effective use of any media opportunities
- Communication skills, based on our ACES
- Knowledge of how to deal with journalists confidently
- Techniques for identifying and delivering key messages
- Awareness of how to avoid being misquoted or taken out of context
- Practical interview experience with feedback
- Increased confidence in delivery of press, radio and television interviews
- Recordings of interviews, with feedback and our PDF guide to Effective Communications
Media skills training is essential if you are a spokesperson for your organisation. Our course will help you learn effective communication skills, prepare your key messages and make the most of every media opportunity. Practical print, radio and TV interviews lie at the heart of this course with plenty of constructive feedback and shared learning.
Your training scenarios are developed exclusively for you and researched by our training team of former journalists to make sure your experience is “as real as it gets”. You’ll also be sent our confidential pre course questionnaire to help us identify your individual experiences, concerns and perceptions to ensure your outcomes meet your organisational requirements as well as your professional development needs.
Sample programme – full day (tailored to your needs)
Welcome, introductions and outline of the day
- What makes news / what journalists are looking for
- The role of your comms / marketing team
Effective communication skills
- Mosaic’s ACES – from Achieve to Style and everything in between
- Live v pre-record
- Handling difficult questions
Practical: Press interview
- Quotes and soundbites
- Top tips: language, photo opportunities
- Practical interview with feedback
Practical: Radio Interview
- Key message preparation
- Top tips: tone, voice, language, confidence
- Practical radio interviews with feedback
Practical: TV Interview
- Key message preparation
- Top tips: tone, voice, body language, appearance, background
- Practical TV interviews with feedback
This training can be provided as:
- Full-day group training on your business premises or in hired facilities – maximum 4 delegates (Larger group workshops can be catered for – ask us for details)
- Half-day group training on your business premises or in hired facilities – maximum 2 delegates
- Half-day 1-to-1 coaching on your business premises (within London/East Anglia) or at our Essex venue
- Virtual training for a full day or half day – maximum 4 delegates
Who is this course suitable for?
- Senior managers & executives
- Press/marketing teams
You might also be interested in:
Meet our trainers
The training was extremely relevant to our organisation and not just general media training, so everything was a point we could learn from. The trainer showed a great knowledge of the media and I knew I could trust her judgement
Great facilitation, thorough and personable. Would thoroughly recommend this course.
Great team building exercise and very interesting, I like that we were encouraged to practice and try and produce something individual and then come together as a team to discuss.
Karen is a really good trainer. She really knows her stuff and is very clear and patient when delivering training.