Media Awareness Training
An understanding of how the media works can be a huge benefit to your organisation – giving you an awareness of the promotional opportunities available and how to make full use of them.
Aimed at giving employees a better understanding of how their organisation promotes itself through the media, our media awareness course looks at PR and marketing activities and why a company media policy is important.
Mosaic’s media awareness training gives delegates a solid understanding of the world of the media along with the opportunity to explore a proactive role in identifying good news stories, which will be of interest to the media, and the most effective way of achieving success.
Our course is tailored to your organisation or industry and is available as face to face training or online via Zoom or Teams.
Delegates will learn
- Media activities and procedures in your organisation
- The journalistic mindset and what makes a good story
- How to develop a story idea and key messages
- How to identify an opportunity for broadcast media
- How to prepare for and deliver interviews for TV and radio
- How to write a press release
- Practical radio interview experience
Delegates will leave the training with:
- Insider knowledge about how the media machine works, and how better to use it to their own advantage
- More confidence about engaging with the media in future
- The ability to identify good news stories to offer the media
View an example of one of our tailored coursesDownload
This training can be provided as
- Group training – full or half day workshop – on your business premises or in hired facilities – maximum 8 delegates (Larger group workshops can be catered for at an additional price per delegate)
- Half-day 1-to-1 coaching on your premises (within London/East Anglia) or at our Essex venue
- Online Training for a full or half day
Who is this course suitable for?
- Press/marketing teams
- Anyone wishing to raise the profile of their organisation through better use of media interaction
You might also be interested in:
Meet our trainers
Great facilitation, thorough and personable. Would thoroughly recommend this course.
Fantastic course, very informative without being complicated. Whether you are after a refresher or completely new to smartphone filming and editing. This course is for everyone.
All killer and no filler!
Ruth delivered a brilliant media interviewing skills workshop for young people. The training was informative, practical, and interactive – it has given young people the tools and confidence they needed to become brilliant interviewers.
Great team building exercise and very interesting, I like that we were encouraged to practice and try and produce something individual and then come together as a team to discuss.
I found this training exceptionally helpful. I have been doing social media for five years now and I still got a lot from this course. The trainer was very friendly and approachable, the course wasn't too big which meant you got to ask questions more freely which was very helpful.