Crisis Communications Training
Handling the media in a crisis takes skill and response is critical; your team deserve to be prepared.
‘No comment’ isn’t going to cut it
Our tailored crisis communications training will give your spokespeople the skills and confidence to develop a proactive and positive relationship with journalists, even when handling a crisis.
The course provides practical experience of preparing for and undertaking challenging media interviews. Across the session, delegates will be taken through a crisis scenario role-play, which is relevant to your industry and builds in intensity across the day – making the experience ‘as real as it gets’.
They will learn how to respond to the media in a calm and controlled manner, while expressing the right balance of concern and empathy.
Our course is tailored for your organisation or sector and is available as face to face training or online via Zoom or Teams.
Delegates will learn
- How to plan for the media in a crisis
- The media procedures that should be included in a crisis plan
- How to manage the media in a crisis
- How to stay in control of a media interview & handle challenging questions
- The dos and don’ts when delivering a media interview
- How to prepare for and deliver interviews for TV and radio
- How to remain calm and controlled in a crisis situation
Delegates will leave the training being able to:
- An awareness of the difference between an issue and a crisis
- An increased confidence in understanding the concept of ‘crisis management’
- An awareness of good and bad examples of crisis management
- Clear guidelines for creating a workable and realistic crisis management strategy for their organisation
- The ability to stay calm and controlled in a crisis
- The ability to deal with journalists confidently and stick to key messages
- Confident delivery of media interviews
View an example of one of our tailored coursesDownload
This training can be provided as
- Full-day group training on your business premises or in hired facilities – maximum 4-5 delegates (Larger group workshops can be catered for please ask us for more details)
- Half-day group training on your business premises or in hired facilities – maximum 2 delegates
- Half-day 1-to-1 coaching on your premises (within London/East Anglia) or at our Essex venue
- Online Training for a full or half day
Who is this course suitable for?
- Chief Executives
- Senior executive teams
- Communications teams
You might also be interested in:
Meet our trainers
Gemma RawlinsonRead profile
Jenny GrinterRead profile
Karen AinleyRead profile
Ruth CollinRead profile
Kevin BentleyRead profile
Mosaic recently delivered a Crisis Communications course to our organisation's senior management as part of a wider project to enhance our incident response capability. Mosaic were utterly professional and efficient throughout the entire process, right through from initial enquiry to delivery, and were an absolute pleasure to deal with. The course itself was excellent and very well received by all attendees; they found it educational, challenging and insightful and came away with some invaluable skills to better handle a crisis, as well as a fresh perspective on how to effectively prepare for one. We would thoroughly recommend Mosaic for delivering this type of training.Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Europe Limited