Social Media Training for Councillors and Councils
Social media is a hugely effective way for councillors and council staff to connect, communicate and engage with residents.
Using social media effectively is a two-way conversation between you and your residents or voters. Get it right and you’re in tune with their issues and their concerns – an essential tool for today’s local government.Contact us now
Mosaic’s course provides practical and strategic advice on how to use social media to engage in a two-way conversation with residents, constituents and partners. This training can be specifically tailored to local Councillors, national parliament politicians and Local Authority staff.
You will explore all relevant types of social media platforms and interesting examples of how politicians are using social media – exploring best and worst practice, the risks associated with online engagement and pitfalls to avoid.
This course is available as face to face training or online via Zoom or Teams.
Delegates will learn
- What social media channels are there and which to use
- How to communicate effectively on social media
- How to enhance and protect your reputation on social media
- The dos and don’ts – social media etiquette
- Legalities and rules relevant to social channels and online activity
Delegates will leave the training being able to:
- Confidently communicate effectively online
- Deal with any negative post comments
- Manage online reputation
- Post creative and engaging content
View an example of one of our tailored coursesDownload
This training can be provided as
- Group training – 2 to 3 hour workshop – on your premises or in hired facilities – maximum 8 delegates
- Group training – full or half day – on your premises or in hired facilities – maximum 8 delegates
- Larger group workshops can be catered for at an extra cost per delegate
- Online training via Zoom or Teams
Who is this course suitable for?
- Members of Parliament
- Local Authorities
- Council staff
You might also be interested in:
Meet our trainers
Great facilitation, thorough and personable. Would thoroughly recommend this course.
Great team building exercise and very interesting, I like that we were encouraged to practice and try and produce something individual and then come together as a team to discuss.
I found this training exceptionally helpful. I have been doing social media for five years now and I still got a lot from this course. The trainer was very friendly and approachable, the course wasn't too big which meant you got to ask questions more freely which was very helpful.
All killer and no filler!
Fantastic course, very informative without being complicated. Whether you are after a refresher or completely new to smartphone filming and editing. This course is for everyone.
Ruth delivered a brilliant media interviewing skills workshop for young people. The training was informative, practical, and interactive – it has given young people the tools and confidence they needed to become brilliant interviewers.