Print & Radio Interview Skills Training
Mosaic’s Print & Radio Interview Skills Training will give you a solid understanding of the world of the media, along with the opportunity to explore a proactive role in identifying good news stories.
Learning from former journalists you’ll find out exactly what journalists are looking for and why, with scenarios that are relevant to your own area of expertise.Contact us now
Interview preparation and delivery of key messages lie at the heart of this course. Practical press and radio interviews are focused around relevant industry scenarios, to make the training ‘as real as it gets’ and tailored to your requirements.
This course is available as face to face training or online via Zoom or Teams.
Delegates will learn
- The journalistic mindset and what makes a good story
- How to develop key messages for media interviews
- The dos and don’ts when delivering a media interview
- How to successfully convey key messages in an interview
- How to prepare for and deliver interviews for press and radio
- How to handle challenging questions and the ‘bridging technique’
- How to manage the media in proactive or challenging interview situations
Our tailored course includes plenty of hands-on experience and exercises. You will learn what makes a good news story and how to convey key messages. You’ll discover how to craft soundbites and quotes and identify creative photo opportunities. We’ll also teach you how to prepare for an interview and how to make the most from a radio opportunity.
The session focuses on effective preparation for press and radio and offers practical tips and advice on how to handle journalists and a media interview situation. Using relevant scenarios we’ll look at effective preparation and delivery of key messages in both a proactive or challenging interview situation.
Delegates will gain a real insight from our trainers into what journalists are looking for, as well as practical one-to-one interview experience with plenty of constructive critical feedback on content and presentation. This course will give delegates practical advice on how to promote themselves and their organisation through the media, gain confidence and a feeling of control about media interviews, and gain an insight into the way the media machine works.
Sample Programme (tailored to your needs)
- What makes news and what journalists are looking for
Interview preparation workshop
- Understanding the opportunity
- Key messages and sound bites
- The difference between print and broadcast interviews
- The difference between live and pre-record
Key message development
- Identifying your audience and your messages
- Your five key messages
Print media interviews
- Practical “as real as it gets” interviews with feedback
This training can be provided as
- Full-day group training on your business premises or in hired facilities – maximum 4 delegates
- Half-day group training on your business premises or in hired facilities – maximum 2 delegates
- Half-day 1-to-1 coaching on your premises (within London/East Anglia) or at our Essex venue (Larger group workshops can be catered for please contact us to discuss options)
- Online Training for a full or half day
Who is this course suitable for?
- Senior managers & executives
- Press/marketing teams
You might also be interested in:
Meet our trainers
Karen AinleyRead profile
Kevin BentleyRead profile
Jenny GrinterRead profile
Ruth CollinRead profile
Incredibly useful and helpful. I know it will improve my confidence and delivery a great deal!North London Waste Authority
Fantastic course, very informative without being complicated. Whether you are after a refresher or completely new to smartphone filming and editing. This course is for everyone.
I found this training exceptionally helpful. I have been doing social media for five years now and I still got a lot from this course. The trainer was very friendly and approachable, the course wasn't too big which meant you got to ask questions more freely which was very helpful.
Great team building exercise and very interesting, I like that we were encouraged to practice and try and produce something individual and then come together as a team to discuss.
Great facilitation, thorough and personable. Would thoroughly recommend this course.
Ruth delivered a brilliant media interviewing skills workshop for young people. The training was informative, practical, and interactive – it has given young people the tools and confidence they needed to become brilliant interviewers.
All killer and no filler!